***Please note that at this time the Hospital is NOT booking wellness/annual exam visits. We are forced to limit our hours of operation and the services that we provide during this difficult time. Staffing and resources are limited and will be reserved for sick patients and those with chronic or urgent conditions.
In order to keep our clients, patients and staff healthy, we are asking all clients the following questions:
- HAVE YOU HAD CONTACT WITH A PERSON CONFIRMED OR SUSPECTED TO HAVE COVID-19?
- HAVE YOU RECENTLY TRAVELLED INTERNATIONALLY TO AN AREA ENDEMIC FOR COVID-19?
- HAVE YOU BEEN TOLD TO SELF QUARANTINE FOR POSSIBLE COMMUNITY EXPOSURE TO COVID-19?
- DO YOU HAVE ANY RESPIRATORY SYMPTOMS?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, we respectfully ask that you do not come into the hospital.
The hospital will be implementing policies to help protect clients and staff by practicing social distancing. We ask that clients:
- Stay home if you are sick,
- Stay home if you have had contact with a person testing positive for COVID-19 or suspecting of having COVID-19, are Quarantined or Have Travelled
- REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE UPON ARRIVAL, please call to let us know you are here.
- A staff member will come to your vehicle to escort your pet into the building.
- If a staff member instructs you to enter the building, please have a seat and remain in the waiting area.
- Keep a distance of 6 feet between yourselves and staff members AT ALL TIMES
- Clients should wash hands and use sanitizer. Disinfect pet collars, leashes and carriers prior to arrival.
- In addition, clients will be asked to remove collars and leashes for patients upon admission for hospitalization or surgery whenever possible.
Keeping People and Pets Safe From COVID-19.
As the risk of COVID 19 is increasing in Massachusetts, we want to assure you that the hospital will remain open to care for our patients during the pandemic for as long as possible. In the event of extenuating circumstances that may mandate closure of the hospital, clients with scheduled appointments will be notified and information will be posted on the hospital answering service and website.
It is important for all of us to take protective measures in order to limit spread of the virus. We remind clients to follow the CDC guidelines to protect themselves and their pets by:
1) Avoiding contact with people who are sick,
2) Covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze,
3) Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth,
4) Washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds,
5) Using a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available,
6) Frequently disinfect commonly touched surfaces,
7) Staying home if you are sick.
The CDC also recommends that people who are sick from COVID-19 restrict or avoid contact with their pets if at all possible, that you wash your hands after handling animals and that you not share food with your pets.